• Day S I X • Harvester Island Writers Workshop Thursday, Sept. 8, 2022 Today it’s my joy to tell the story of my new friend Dorah Dunigan. She embodies my favorite things: a deep love for Jesus, an overcoming spirit, joy against the odds, and a quick, good-natured wit that she calls “clapping back.” On Thursday,
• Day F I V E • Harvester Island Writers Workshop Wednesday, Sept. 7, 2022 Back in Alaska, we’re deep into the guts of writing scene. “We sent the editor away yesterday, but today we’re going to bring her back. We need the editor, even if she’s cranky,” Leslie says. For me, the editor is always cranky.
• Day F O U R • Harvester Island Writers Workshop Tuesday, Sept. 6, 2022 Some days just gob smack you. You know that another day could never be like it, even if it tried. At the end of the thing, you exhale hard and thank God for making you feel alive again. Today is that day.
• Day T H R E E • Harvester Island Writers Workshop Monday, Sept. 5, 2022 I believe when something amazing is around the corner, God anticipates. Ready to pull back the curtain. Ready to show us that Jeremiah 29:11 has been true all along and He can’t wait to open up His big, wild world to
• Day O N E • Harvester Island Writers Workshop Saturday, Sept. 3, 2022 It’s noon. A spit-polished group of strangers pack tightly into the living room of Leslie Leyland Fields, our host and writing instructor for the Harvester Island Writers’ Workshop. She’s in my Mount Rushmore of writers. I try to stay chill and not to
Sometimes research takes me unexpected places—like to the incredible story of a 10-year-old who once helped NASA’s $55 million space capsule splash down safely. Greg Force, now in his 60s, was 10 when Apollo 11 began its journey from the moon back to earth. And Houston, boy was there a problem. A tracking station in
Hi there! If your inbox has got you down, I can fix that! Join my email list for a monthly dose of faith, freedom, and the lost art of fun! (Plus, I like giving free stuff away.)